THEDS is an NHS service for young people aged 16 to 25 living in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets who may have concerns about their mental health
THEDS is a small team comprised of mental health nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists. Our aim is to support young people getting their lives back on track.
Disturbances in thoughts, feelings and how you see the world can be confusing and distressing, but are not as uncommon as people may think and can be caused by a variety of reasons. They may be related to using drugs or alcohol, be symptoms of a physical illness, or a result of adjusting to a new environment or stress.
Sometimes these changes could also be early symptoms of a mental health problem.
These experiences could be:
• feeling anxious, irritable or depressed
• disturbed patterns of sleeping or eating confused or muddled thinking noticing that things and people seem strange and unreal
• being preoccupied with particular ideas or thoughts
• Unusual experiences such as seeing or hearing things
• preferring to spend time alone, away from family and friends
• struggling to cope at school, college or work.
THEDS was set up for people who are having or have had these experiences and is a place people can find expert advice, support and information on what they might be the cause of, or contributing to these experiences.